A profitable root canal remedy requires the elimination of an infection from the foundation canal system and the conservation of the remaining dental tissue utilizing direct or oblique restorations.1 Lengthy-term success depends on the safety of the foundation canal cavity from re-infection and correct distribution of the occlusal forces on the remaining tooth construction.1
It’s identified that the best challenges going through the operator throughout root canal remedy are the preparation of the entry cavity and its correct restoration.2 The significance of the entry cavity has been expressed in some research because the “key to success”,2 “entry is success”,3 and “a gap for achievement”.4 A number of research have evaluated the properties of endodontic entry cavities and described the identical intimately.3–6 Standard entry cavity is mostly not conservative, because it requires the elimination of any dentine undercuts and pulp chamber ceiling that may hinder the visibility and entry to the dental canal openings and cavity partitions. Consequently, the approach could weaken the remaining tooth construction, particularly within the cervical area, and can lead to fractures.6,7 Earlier literature has reported that entry cavity is without doubt one of the most typical causes of postendodontic tooth fracture.8–11
Probably the most appropriate entry cavity configuration pertaining to the anterior tooth has been investigated.12–16 These research comparatively evaluated the standard cingulum entry, incisive edge entry, and the labial entry. In a few of these research, the labial entry cavity has been proposed as an alternative choice to the standard cingulum entry cavity in conditions involving the tooth with anatomical or operative restrictions.13–15 Sure research that concerned anatomical evaluations have reported that the labial entry cavity, which is to be opened within the labial path, is extra handy, in comparison with the standard cingulum strategy, in an effort to successfully acquire entry to the pulps of the higher or decrease anterior tooth and to preserve extra of the dentin tissue.17–20 As well as, it has been proven that the labial entry cavity doesn’t complicate or stop the success of intra-canal operations.1
Earlier literature states that the kind of restoration that’s to be utilized after the foundation canal remedy, the fabric used, and the strategies used for the restoration are vital for the long-term success, and the bacterial sealing capability of the partitions of the entry cavity and the intermediate section of restoration has been identified.21–24 After the completion of root canal remedy, restoration of the entry cavity utilizing glass ionomer cement (GIC) and resin composite is a widely known, typical strategy to finish the foundation canal remedy.25,26 GIC liner has been proven to scale back the cuspal deflection and microleakage.16
Using full contour or partial ceramic restorations for the entry cavities has attracted consideration with profitable outcomes.27,28 Some research have evaluated the fracture energy of the tooth that underwent root canal remedy previous to the restoration utilizing ceramic partial veneers.27 The consequences of partial veneer preparation varieties, and the assorted restorative protocols have been reported.29,30 Ceramic partial veneers are efficiently used to appropriate a number of problems that lead to an disagreeable look with regard to the anterior dentition, thereby bettering the esthetics. Each sufferers and practitioners desire the aforementioned approach, owing to the next predominant causes: Ceramic partial veneers are identified to be conservative and provide excessive esthetic efficiency, excessive bond energy, and possess the power to keep up these properties for a very long time.31 Many esthetic problems that warranted full contour crowns prior to now may be resolved presently utilizing the applying of ceramic partial veneers.32–34
The esthetic and practical success of partial veneers led to intensive analysis and a number of other research have reported that many variables have an effect on the scientific service period and survival charges of the restorations. Examples of the aforementioned variables are discolorations, abrasions, diastemas, extension necessities (apical, incisal, or proximal), present composite restorations, and tooth vitality. It has been reported that among the many abutment tooth pertaining to ceramic partial veneers, the pulpless tooth exhibit extra frequent coronal fractures in comparison with the very important tooth, and the distinction was reported to be statistically vital.35–37
The fracture energy pertaining to pulpless tooth has been proven to be decrease, in comparison with intact tooth, which may be attributed to the cumulative impact of the entry cavity preparation and the mechanical cleansing and medicine of the canals.38 However, the preparation of the entry cavity inside the partial veneer define previous to the foundation canal remedy and subsequent veneer software could get well the fracture resistance of the tooth. Contemplating the outcomes pertaining to the abovementioned research, the current examine goals to check the fracture resistances of higher central incisors endodontically handled with palatal and labial accesses and restored with restorative resin composite and lithium disilicate partial veneers.
Null speculation was established as:
There isn’t any distinction between the fracture resistances of the tooth that underwent root canal remedy with palatal and labial entry cavities previous to the applying of ceramic partial veneers.
Supplies and Strategies
The current examine was carried out below the Ethics Board of Ege College School of Medication’s approval quantity 15–10.1/1 and dated twenty ninth December 2015 for using human tissue within the examine. The sufferers whose tooth have been used for this analysis had supplied knowledgeable consent, in accordance with the Declaration of Helsinki. The present examine concerned 30 higher central incisors obtained from people between the ages of 30 and 55 years, owing to the periodontal causes. The tooth concerned within the present examine didn’t exhibit any restorations, caries or fractures. Tender tissue and/or calculus residues have been scraped off utilizing periodontal curettes and the tooth have been brushed utilizing nonaromatic pumice. The cleaned tooth specimens have been examined below a halogen mild supply utilizing a magnifying glass. The tooth that displayed cracks have been excluded. The tooth specimens have been saved in distilled water at room temperature with a couple of thymol crystals till the canal remedies.
Equilibration of the Check Teams
The tooth specimens divided into three equilibrated teams containing ten specimens every. For this goal, the tooth specimens have been numbered and the numbers have been inscribed on the corresponding root floor utilizing a pencil. The mesio-distal (dm-d) and labio-lingual root diameters (dl-l) on the cemento-enamel junction and the anatomical crown size (h) pertaining to every pattern have been recorded. The aforementioned measurements have been processed in accordance with the next correlation:
(dm-d) X (dl-l)/h = EV
and a corresponding equilibration worth (EV) pertaining to every specimen was calculated. In the course of the categorization of the pattern tooth into the three check teams, care was taken to make sure that the typical of the equilibration worth within the check teams was the identical.
The tooth specimen within the first group didn’t endure any endodontic intervention. This group was designated because the management group (Group C). The tooth specimen within the second group underwent root canal remedy with the standard palatal entry cavity (Group P). The preliminary entrance was deliberate via the middle of the palatal floor and the cingulum. Subsequently, typical entry cavity preparation was achieved. The tooth specimen within the third group underwent root canal remedy with the labial entry cavity (Group L). In the course of the process of entry cavity preparation on this group, the bur was positioned parallel to the lengthy axis of the tooth, in an effort to attain the pulp in a straight line, and utilized to the middle of the labial floor of the tooth. Each types of the entry cavities have been ready on the coronal facet on the stage of the cingulum and the pulp horns have been eliminated within the mesio-distal path. Ceramic partial veneers have been utilized to all of the three teams.
Root Canal Therapy
The ISO #10 dimension Ok-file was superior via the foundation canal. The canal size was decided radiographically. The working size was calculated to be 1 mm shorter than the measured canal size. The basis canals have been ready as much as dimension 50 (F5) utilizing the ProTaper (Dentsply, Maillefer, Ballaigues, Switzerland) rotary instrument system. Throughout preparation, the applying of every file was preceded by the irrigation of the canals utilizing 2 mL of two.5% NaOCL (sodium hypochlorite). Furthermore, the ultimate irrigation was carried out utilizing 2 mL 17% ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA), adopted by 2 mL 2.5% NaOCl. The basis canals have been rinsed with saline and dried utilizing paper factors, in an effort to get rid of the chemical results of the options used for irrigation. The basis canals have been obturated utilizing the only cone approach via ProTaper F5 gutta-percha (Dentsply, Maillefer, Ballaigues, Switzerland) and AH Plus (Dentsply De Trey, Konstanz, Germany) sealer. The entry cavities have been restored utilizing resin composite restorative materials (Tetric N-Ceram, Ivoclar-Vivadent, Schaan, Liechtenstein). After obturation, the tooth have been saved at 37°C in a 100% humid setting for twenty-four hours for the resin composite to polymerize utterly.
Embedding the Enamel Specimens in Acrylic Cylinders
Roots of the tooth specimen have been embedded in autopolymerizing acrylic resin (Imicryl, Konya, Turkey), as much as 1 mm apical of the cemento-enamel junction. A particular positioner has been designed by authors for this goal.
Every tooth specimen was sticked to the positioner on the incisive edge utilizing base plate wax, with its lengthy axis perpendicular to the bottom aircraft. The positioner was mounted to a pin fixator (Degussa, Rosbach, Germany). A plastic tube was full of autopolymerizing acrylic resin that was blended in accordance with the producer’s suggestions. The vertical arm of the pin fixator was lowered via the loosening the screw. The tooth specimen mounted on the finish of the vertical arm of the pin fixator was embedded within the autopolymerizing resin, as much as a depth of 1 mm apical to the cemento-enamel junction. The place of the tooth specimen within the acrylic cylinder was mounted by tightening the screw of the pin fixator. The tooth specimen was held within the aforementioned place till the completion of polymerization (Figure 1).
Determine 1 A specimen tooth embedded in autopolymerizing acrylic cylinder with the assistance of the vertical positioner.
Manufacturing and Luting of Veneers
Laminate Veneer Preparation Set (LVS, Komet, Gebr. Brasseler GmbH & Co. KG, Lemgo, Germany) was used within the tooth preparation. The depth of labial discount was standardized utilizing a depth information bur. A mini-chamfer formed cervical ending line was ready on the enamel tissue. The mini-chamfer was prolonged in direction of the proximal contact factors within the mesial and distal instructions. Nonetheless, the contact factors have been left intact. The incisal edge was ready in an overlap design and the palatal ending line was ready as a mini-chamfer. The preparation was accomplished utilizing a red-belt diamond ending bur from the LVS. Impressions have been made via plastic tubes and the polyether elastomeric impression materials (Pentasoft Duo-Combine, 3M-ESPE, Seefeld, Germany). The grasp casts have been made utilizing sort IV dental stone (Gilodur, Giulini Chemie, Ludwigshafen, Germany). The veneers have been made by utilizing heat-pressed lithium disilicate (LiDiSi) glass ceramic materials (IPS E-Max Press, Ivoclar-Vivadent, Schaan, Liechtenstein) via typical sandblasting, trimming, changes, glazing, and luting. Self-etch bond (AdheSE, Ivoclar-Vivadent, Schaan, Liechtenstein), 9.5% hydrofluoric acid (Porcelain Etch, Ultradent, Salt Lake Metropolis, Utah, USA), silane (Silane, Ultradent, Salt Lake Metropolis, Utah, ABD), and a dual-polymerizing resin composite cement (Variolink Esthetic DC, Ivoclar-Vivadent, Schaan, Liechtenstein) have been used for luting procedures. Subsequent to the surplus materials was cleaned, the cement was polymerized utilizing a halogen mild supply (Optilux Demetron, Danbury, CT, USA) with an vitality density of 480 mW/cm2 for a period of 40 seconds every from the palatal and labial instructions. Your complete ending line was smoothed and polished utilizing yellow-belt, diamond ending burs (Komet, Gebr. Brasseler GmbH & Co. KG, Lemgo, Germany), adopted by sprucing discs (Soflex Discs, 3M-ESPE, Seefeld, Germany).
All of the specimens underwent a thermal biking course of for 1000 cycles. The temperature ranged from 5°C to 55°C with a dwell time of 20 seconds.28 Subsequently, the fracture resistance of every specimen was evaluated.
As a way to decide the fracture resistance, a pressure was utilized to the palatal facet 1 mm from of the incisive edge at in an angle of 45° of the specimen utilizing a particular specimen holder. The specimens have been positioned within the housing on the specimen holder, mounted within the desired place by tightening the screw, and pressure was utilized till fracture with a crosshead pace of 0.02 mm/min. The load pertaining to the failure in every specimen was recorded in N (Newton) (Shimadzu KgN 50, Shimadzu Corp., Kyoto, Japan) (Figure 2). The fractured surfaces have been examined below a digital microscope (Leica S8 APO, Ernst-Leitz GmbH, Wetzlar, Germany) utilizing the magnifications between 10X and 50X; the failure modes have been recorded and pictures have been taken (Leica DFC 295, Ernst-Leitz GmbH, Wetzlar, Germany).
Determine 2 A specimen which is mounted within the housing of the particular specimen holder, throughout fracture testing.
The present examine carried out the statistical evaluation utilizing the SPSS Statistics for Home windows software program (IBM Corp. Launched 2017, IBM SPSS Statistics for Home windows, Model 25.0, IBM Corp., Armonk, NY, USA). The Shapiro–Wilk check at a confidence interval of 95% confirmed that the normality of the info pertaining to the fracture energy is statistically vital and the info adopted the traditional distribution sample.
Load-to-Fracture Check Outcomes
Descriptive statistics of the check teams are offered in Table 1. Accordingly, the bottom fracture resistance of 133 Ns was recorded in Group P and the best 5245.3 Ns was recorded in Group C. The imply fracture resistances pertaining to the three teams (C, P and L) have been estimated as 3122.6, 1867, and 2805.6 Ns, respectively (Figure 3). ANOVA revealed that the distinction between the imply fracture resistances pertaining to the three teams was statistically vital (P < 0.05) (Table 2). A number of comparisons carried out by utilizing the Bonferroni check, which revealed that the distinction between the Teams C and P was statistically vital, whereas the variations between the Teams C and L and the Teams L and P weren’t statistically vital (P < 0.05) (Table 3).
Desk 1 Descriptive Statistics of the Check Teams
Desk 2 The Distinction Between the Imply Fracture Strengths of the Teams Was Statistically Vital Based on One-Approach ANOVA (P < 0.05)
Desk 3 A number of Comparisons with Bonferroni Check
Determine 3 Bar graph presentation of the descriptive statistics.
Failure Mode Evaluation Outcomes
Distribution of the failure modes within the check teams is offered in Table 4. Microscopic examination of the fractured surfaces confirmed that the specimens exhibited 5 totally different failure modes. The primary mode of failure is adhesive (AD) in nature; the failure occurred between the tooth and ceramic surfaces (Figure 4). No injury was detected within the tooth or the PLV. Adhesive mode of failure was noticed in 4 specimens in Group C and two specimens in Group P, whereas no adhesive failure was detected in Group L. The second sort of fracture mode is cohesive and occurred solely in veneer section (CC). Nonetheless, the tooth construction was not broken. This kind of failure mode was noticed in a single specimen in Group C and three specimens in Group L, however not noticed in Group P (Figure 5). Within the third mode of failure, the cohesive failure occurred in each the tooth and the veneer (CCT) (Figure 6). One specimen every within the Teams C and L and three specimens in Group P displayed this third mode of failure. Within the fourth mode of failure, the cohesive fracture occurred within the tooth whereas the ceramic was not broken (CT). This sort of failure was detected in two specimens in Group C, 5 specimens in Group P, and 4 specimens in Group L (Figure 7). The fifth mode of failure occurred as a root fracture (CR), whereby the pattern tooth was fractured on the cervical area and no injury occurred within the coronal area of the tooth (Figure 8). Cervical fractures have been noticed in two specimens every in Teams C and L, whereas the mode was not noticed in Group P. Statistical evaluation of the failure mode distribution within the check teams was made by utilizing the Pearson Chi-Sq. check, which didn’t reveal a statistically vital distinction, owing to the inadequate variety of observations (Table 5).
Desk 4 Failure Modes and Their Distribution to the Teams
Desk 5 Statistics of Failure Modes Based on Pearson Chi Sq.
Determine 4 Adhesive failure between the tooth and ceramic surfaces. No injury was detected within the tooth (A) or the porcelain (B).
Determine 5 Cohesive failure during which the tooth construction is just not broken (A), solely the porcelain is fractured (B).
Determine 6 Cohesive failure in each the tooth (A) and the porcelain (B).
Determine 7 Cohesive failure during which the tooth construction is fractured (A) whereas the porcelain was not broken (B).
Determine 8 Cervical fracture as cohesive failure mode. Fractured root fragment of the specimen tooth (A) and coronal area with intact PLV (B).
Within the current examine, the imply fracture resistances pertaining to the Teams P and L, which underwent root canal remedy, have been noticed to be decrease, in comparison with the management group (C), which was not handled endodontically. The distinction was noticed to be statistically vital (P < 0.05). This discovering is coherent with the reviewed literature. It’s identified that the fracture energy of the pulpless tooth is decrease, in comparison with very important tooth, which may be attributed to the summative impact of the entry cavity preparation, mechanical cleansing of the canals, and subsequent treatment and varied chemical substances used within the medicines.8–11,38 Tang et al reported that postendodontic fractures are attributable to the stresses induced by operative interventions, such because the entry cavity preparation, instrumentation, treatment and obturation of the dental canal, submit preparation, and coronal restoration.11
Though the fracture resistance values discovered for Group L have been numerically greater in comparison with Group P, no vital distinction was noticed between these teams (P < 0.05). In view of the aforementioned findings, the present examine accepted the null speculation.
Lingual entry cavity is named a standard strategy used within the root canal remedy of the anterior tooth.3–5,14 Labial entry cavity is routinely advisable solely in case of exceptions.14,15 Madjar et al decided the indications of the labial entry cavity as: sufferers with restricted mouth opening, Angle class II division II malocclusion, or utilizing the Maryland bridge.15 Some authors suggested that the labial entry cavity significantly for the decrease incisors.13 It has been reported that the entry cavity ready barely buccal from the incisive edge offers entry to the pulp canal in a straight line, thereby facilitating the foundation canal remedy and rising its success.17,20 Best canal cleansing was discovered with the incisal entry cavity that reaches the canal in a straight line as compared with the standard cingulum entry.18 As well as; a root canal remedy with a labial entry cavity restored with a partial veneer may be thought of to preserve extra tooth tissue and will get well the misplaced energy. Fracture energy of tooth that endodontically handled via palatal and labial entry cavities was in contrast and reported that there was no statistically vital distinction between the check teams with regard to the imply fracture resistance.19 Equally, inside the scope of the current examine, the imply fracture resistance pertaining to Group L was better than Group P, however the distinction was not statistically vital (P < 0.05).
One of many strategies that has been advised to scale back the frequency of postendodontic fractures is the modification of the entry cavity. Accordingly, the conservative entry cavity, which is ready in a narrower method with direct orientation in direction of the foundation canal, is without doubt one of the most vital parts within the idea of MIE (minimally invasive endodontics).6,39,40 Nonetheless, the applying of MIE is excluded from the scope of current examine.
Based on Quilligan et al, long-term success of the foundation canal remedy depends on the safety of the foundation canal cavity from re-infection and correct distribution of the occlusal forces on the remaining tooth construction.1 Clark and Khademi acknowledged that offering long-term structural integrity of the tooth is as vital because the profitable completion of the foundation canal remedy.8 Accordingly, the ultimate restoration have to be designed and deliberate previous to the graduation of the foundation canal remedy. Lengthy-term permanence is said to the quantity of remaining tooth construction and the standard of the coronal restoration after root canal remedy. Though some stories have advisable the applying of crowns after root canal remedies to attain this objective, adhesive ceramic partial restorations can present a safer, extra conservative and esthetic strategy to perform the identical goal.21 Some stories drew consideration to the significance of coronal microleakage with regard to the prevention of re-infection and survival of the restoration.22–24 Restoration of endodontic entry cavities with a mixture of GIC and resin composite is a typically accepted, normal follow and it has been reported that such adhesive purposes can overcome issues corresponding to marginal leakage and discoloration.25 Taha et al demonstrated that the elimination of axial dentin, as part of the entry cavity preparation, resulted in a rise within the cuspal deflection and stresses, and using a GIC base diminished the stresses and leakage.16 It’s identified that the preparation of MOD (Mesio-Occluso-Distal) entry cavities within the premolars ends in diminished fracture energy of the remaining tooth construction and the elevated risk of cuspal fracture.26 Based on Hannig et al, misplaced energy may be restored by the applying of ceramic inlays.28 Reviewed literature additionally consists of the research that investigated the properties of anterior tooth that underwent each dental canal remedy and ceramic partial veneers.27,29,30 A number of research have investigated the service longevity of ceramic partial veneers and the prognostic variables that affected the identical.35–37 Tooth vitality is certainly one of these variables. Some research have reported that pulpless tooth restored with ceramic partial veneers exhibit extra frequent coronal fractures, in comparison with very important tooth, and the distinction was statistically vital.35,36 Impact of root canal remedy on the deflection of the tooth that underwent restoration utilizing oblique resin composite and ceramic partial veneers was additionally investigated with in-vitro research.29,30 It was demonstrated that the partial veneer preparation procedures will increase the deflection values pertaining to the anterior tooth, however doesn’t have an effect on the fracture energy. The authors deliberated that ceramic partial veneer is probably the most appropriate restoration for endodontically handled tooth.
It’s a well-known indisputable fact that the best problem confronted by the analysis involving the evaluation of fracture energy is the equilibration of the check teams consisting of extracted pure human tooth. Tooth specimens are typically distributed to the check teams on the premise of their dimension for this goal. Nonetheless, the classification of pure tooth as giant and small by visible inspection can not present a exact equilibration among the many check teams. The applying of the equilibration worth used within the current examine supplied a extra balanced distribution of tooth specimens among the many check teams, thereby bettering the reliability of the findings. In view of the truth that the applying of an equilibration worth that can be utilized within the evaluations has not been reported in earlier literature, it may be thought to be a novel and helpful methodology.
The outcomes obtained inside the limits of the current examine are as follows:
Root canal remedy reduces the fracture energy of the tooth, whatever the entry cavity localization (P < 0.05).
Fracture resistance of the tooth that endodontically handled with labial entry cavity adopted by the partial veneer software was discovered comparatively greater than the fracture resistance of the tooth endodontically handled with palatal entry adopted by the partial veneer. However the distinction was not statistically vital (P < 0.05).
For the reason that root canal remedies inside the scope of the current examine have been carried out via entry cavities that supplied direct entry to the pulp canal, additional research are warranted to confirm the attainable results of minimal invasive endodontics on the present outcomes.
The applying of equilibration worth was discovered helpful to steadiness the check teams consisting pure, extracted human tooth specimens.
The authors report no conflicts of curiosity on this work.
1. Quilligan G, McKenna G, Finbarr Allen P. The restorability evaluation and endodontic entry cavity interface. Dent Replace. 2016;43:933–936. doi:10.12968/denu.2016.43.10.933
2. Patel S, Rhodes J. A sensible information to endodontic entry cavity preparation in molar tooth. Br Dent J. 2007;203:133–140. doi:10.1038/bdj.2007.682
3. Carrotte PV. Present follow in endodontics: 3. Entry is success, and rubber dam is straightforward. Dent Replace. 2000;27:436–440. doi:10.12968/denu.2000.27.9.436
4. Ruddle CJ. Entry preparation endodontic: a gap for achievement. Dent In the present day. 2007;26:114,116–119.
5. Janik JM. Entry cavity preparation. Dent Clin North Am. 1984;28:809–818.
6. Plotino G, Grande NM, Isufi A, et al. Fracture energy of endodontically handled tooth with totally different entry cavity designs. J Endod. 2017;43:995–1000. doi:10.1016/j.joen.2017.01.022
7. Jiang HW. Principle and follow of minimally invasive endodontics. Zhonghua Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2016;51:460–464.
8. Clark D, Khademi J. Trendy molar endodontic entry and directed dentin conservation. Dent Clin North Am. 2010;54:249–273. doi:10.1016/j.cden.2010.01.001
9. Reeh ES, Messer HH, Douglas WH. Discount in tooth stiffness on account of endodontic and restorative procedures. J Endod. 1989;15:512–516. doi:10.1016/S0099-2399(89)80191-8
10. Soares PV, Santos-Filho PCF, Queiroz EC, et al. Fracture resistance and stress distribution in endodontically handled maxillary premolars restored with composite resin. J Prosthodont. 2008;17:114–119. doi:10.1111/j.1532-849X.2007.00258.x
11. Tang W, Wu Y, Smales RJ. Figuring out and decreasing dangers for potential fractures in endodontically handled tooth. J Endod. 2010;36:609–617. doi:10.1016/j.joen.2009.12.002
12. Castagnola M, Testori T, Badino M. Entry cavity for endodontic remedy of anterior tooth. G Ital Endod. 1991;5:15–17.
13. Clements RE, Gilboe DB. Labial endodontic entry opening for mandibular incisors: endodontic and restorative concerns. J Can Dent Assoc. 1991;57:587–589.
14. Lay LS, Lai WH, Chi CY, Wu CT. Entry cavity preparation for mandibular incisors with suspected two canals. Zhonghua Ya Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi. 1989;8:21–26.
15. Madjar D, Kusner W, Shifman A. The labial endodontic entry: a rational remedy strategy in anterior tooth. J Prosthet Dent. 1989;61:317–320. doi:10.1016/0022-3913(89)90136-4
16. Taha NA, Palamara JE, Messer HH. Cuspal deflection, pressure and microleakage of endodontically handled premolar tooth restored with direct resin composites. J Dent. 2009;37:724–730. doi:10.1016/j.jdent.2009.05.027
17. LaTurno SA, Zillich RM. Straight-line endodontic entry to anterior tooth. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1985;59:418–419. doi:10.1016/0030-4220(85)90069-6
18. Mannan G, Smallwood ER, Gulabivala Ok. Impact of entry cavity location and design on diploma and distribution of instrumented root canal floor in maxillary anterior tooth. Int Endod J. 2001;34:176–183. doi:10.1046/j.1365-2591.2001.00359.x
19. Nissan J, Zukerman O, Rosenfelder S, Barnea E, Shifman A. Impact of endodontic entry sort on the resistance to fracture of maxillary incisors. Quintessence Int. 2007;38:364–367.
20. Zillich RM, Jerome JK. Endodontic entry to maxillary lateral incisors. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1981;52:443–445. doi:10.1016/0030-4220(81)90347-9
21. Aquilino SA, Caplan DJ. Relationship between crown placement and the survival of endodontically handled tooth. J Prosthet Dent. 2002;87:256–263. doi:10.1067/mpr.2002.122014
22. Barkhordar RA, Kempler D. Microleakage of endodontic entry cavities restored with composites. J Calif Dent Assoc. 1997;25:215–218.
23. Gale MS. Coronal microleakage. Ann R Australas Coll Dent Surg. 2000;15:299–305.
24. Nikaido T, Takano Y, Sasafuchi Y, Burrow MF, Tagami J. Bond strengths to endodontically-treated tooth. Am J Dent. 1999;12:177–180.
25. Croll TP. Adhesive restoration of an endodontically handled incisor. Quintessence Int. 1993;24:319–322.
26. ElAyouti A, Serry MI, Geis-Gerstorfer J, Löst C. Affect of cusp protection on the fracture resistance of premolars with endodontic entry cavities. Int Endod J. 2011;44:543–549. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2591.2011.01859.x
27. D’Arcangelo C, De Angelis F, Vadini M, D’Amario M, Caputi S. Fracture resistance and deflection of pulpless anterior tooth restored with composite or porcelain veneers. J Endod. 2010;36:153–156. doi:10.1016/j.joen.2009.09.036
28. Hannig C, Westphal C, Becker Ok, Attin T. Fracture resistance of endodontically handled maxillary premolars restored with CAD/CAM ceramic inlays. J Prosthet Dent. 2005;94:342–349. doi:10.1016/j.prosdent.2005.08.004
29. D’Arcangelo C, De Angelis F, Vadini M, Zazzeroni S, Ciampoli C, D’Amario M. In vitro fracture resistance and deflection of pulpless tooth restored with fiber posts and ready for veneers. J Endod. 2008;34:838–841. doi:10.1016/j.joen.2008.03.026
30. Magne P, Tan DT. Incisor compliance following operative procedures: a fast 3-D finite aspect evaluation utilizing micro-CT information. J Adhes Dent. 2008;10:49–56.
31. Bloom DR, Padayachy JN. Aesthetic adjustments with 4 anterior models. Br Dent J. 2006;200:135–138. doi:10.1038/sj.bdj.4813192
32. Freire A, Achegas LR. Porcelain laminate veneer on a extremely discoloured tooth: a case report. J Can Dent Assoc. 2010;76:126.
33. Pena CE, Viotti RG, Dias WR, Santucci E, Rodriques JA, Reis AF. Esthetic rehabilitation of anterior conoid tooth: complete strategy for improved and predictable outcomes. Eur J Esthet Dent. 2009;4:210–224.
34. Sadigpour L, Geramipanah F, Nikzad S. Fastened rehabilitation of an ACP PDI class III affected person with amelogenesis imperfecta. J Prosthodont. 2009;18:64–70. doi:10.1111/j.1532-849X.2008.00368.x
35. Beier US, Kapferer I, Burtscher D, Dumfahrt H. Medical efficiency of porcelain laminate veneers for as much as 20 years. Int J Prosthodont. 2012;25:79–85.
36. Çötert HS, Dündar M, Öztürk B. The impact of varied preparation designs on the survival of porcelain laminate veneers. J Adhes Dent. 2009;11:405–411.
37. Gürel G, Sesma G, Calamita MA, Coachman C, Morimoto S. Affect of enamel preservation on failure charges of porcelain laminate veneers. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2013;33:31–39. doi:10.11607/prd.1488
38. Corsentino G, Pedullà E, Castelli L, et al. Affect of Entry Cavity Preparation and Remaining Tooth Substance on Fracture Power of Endodontically Handled Enamel. J Endod. 2018;44:1416–1421. doi:10.1016/j.joen.2018.05.012
39. Alovisi M, Pasqualini D, Musso E, et al. Affect of Contracted Endodontic Entry on Root Canal Geometry: an In-Vitro Research. J Endod. 2018;44:614–620. doi:10.1016/j.joen.2017.11.010
40. Silva EJNL, Rover G, Belladonna FG, De-deus G, da Silveira Teixeira C, Da silva Fidalgo TK. Impression of contracted endodontic cavities on fracture resistance of endodontically handled tooth: a scientific evaluation of in vitro research. Clin Oral Investig. 2018;22:109–118. doi:10.1007/s00784-017-2268-y