FOOTHILL RANCH, Calif., April 20, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — BIOLASE, Inc. (NASDAQ: BIOL), the worldwide chief in dental lasers, and EdgeEndo, a world chief in commercializing endodontic merchandise, introduced in affiliation with the American Affiliation of Endodontists (AAE) Annual Assembly starting on April 21, 2021, the co-development of EdgePRO, a next-generation Laser-Assisted Microfluidic Irrigation gadget for endodontists. This new Microfluidic Irrigation gadget is being developed to supply an answer for endodontists searching for extra from their present cleansing and disinfection strategies, resembling sodium hypochlorite, ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, chlorhexidine or 2-in-1 or 3-in-1 irrigation options. BIOLASE anticipates submitting a premarket notification (510(okay)) to the Meals and Drug Administration for the co-developed gadget within the second quarter of 2021. The gadget will not be at present out there on the market in america.
The EdgePRO Laser-Assisted Microfluidic Irrigation gadget will construct upon BIOLASE’s patented and confirmed platform that has been proven to considerably enhance debridement1, cleansing and disinfection as much as 99%2-4, and removes smear layer5-9 and biofilms10,11 utilizing probably the most superior laser gentle sound expertise with conventional irrigation options.
“We had been researching superior Microfluidic Irrigation applied sciences within the high-tech endodontic irrigation marketplace for a number of years and concluded that BIOLASE could be a really perfect enterprise accomplice for EdgeEndo,” stated Dr. Charles Goodis, DDS, EdgeEndo founder and CEO. “Their proprietary Waterlase Er,Cr:YSGG expertise has confirmed to be clinically efficient in endodontics during the last 20 years. That is strengthened by the publication of greater than 75 analysis papers and the expertise’s use by 1000’s of dentists all over the world to boost scientific outcomes. Partnering with BIOLASE will present us with entry to an endodontic-specific, minimally invasive expertise, with proprietary and patented radial firing tip expertise to include into our EdgePRO product. We’re enthusiastic about this collaboration and within the close to time period sit up for growing a expertise for endodontists that has the potential to enhance affected person experiences and scientific outcomes.”
BIOLASE President and CEO, John Beaver provides, “We’re very happy with the efforts so far on the design and efficiency of the EdgePRO as our first OEM laser product. Roughly 75% of all endodontists routinely use EdgeEndo endodontic information, burs, and bioceramics, offering attain and relationships with the endodontists that can additional our objective of constructing Waterlase expertise the usual of care in endodontics. This enables BIOLASE to focus its business channels on different specialties, resembling periodontics and pediatrics, along with the roughly 200,000 basic dentists in america. We sit up for a protracted and useful relationship with EdgeEndo.”
Supporting the wants of endodontists is a part of BIOLASE’s continued effort to assist enhance affected person experiences and outcomes, whereas additionally educating suppliers on the advantages of dental lasers. This announcement comes on the heels of the not too long ago developed Waterlase Endo Academy, open to all Waterlase endodontists. Be taught extra about the advantages of laser dentistry in endodontics at biolase.com/betterendo.
About BIOLASE, Inc.
BIOLASE is a medical gadget firm that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser programs in dentistry and drugs. BIOLASE’s merchandise advance the follow of dentistry and drugs for sufferers and healthcare professionals. BIOLASE’s proprietary laser merchandise incorporate roughly 271 patented and 40 patent-pending applied sciences designed to supply biologically and clinically superior efficiency with much less ache and quicker restoration occasions.
BIOLASE’s revolutionary merchandise present cutting-edge expertise at aggressive costs to ship superior outcomes for dentists and sufferers. BIOLASE’s principal merchandise are revolutionary dental laser programs that carry out a broad vary of dental procedures, together with beauty and sophisticated surgical functions. BIOLASE has bought over 41,200 laser programs up to now in over 80 nations all over the world. Laser merchandise underneath improvement handle BIOLASE’s core dental market and different adjoining medical and client functions.
For updates and knowledge on Waterlase iPlus®, Waterlase Specific™, and laser dentistry, discover BIOLASE on-line at www.biolase.com, Fb at www.facebook.com/biolase, Twitter at www.twitter.com/biolaseinc, Instagram at www.instagram.com/waterlase_laserdentistry, and LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/biolase.
BIOLASE®, Waterlase® and Waterlase iPlus® are registered logos of BIOLASE, Inc.
1. Montero-Miralles P, Torres-Lagares D, Segura-Egea J-J, Serrera-Figallo M-A, Gutierrez-Perez J-L, Castillo-Dali G. Comparative research of particles and smear layer removing with EDTA and Er,Cr:YSGG laser. Journal of Scientific and Experimental Dentistry. 2018;10(6):598-602. doi:10.4317/jced.54936
2. Juric IB, Plecko V, Anic I. Antimicrobial Efficacy of Er,Cr:YSGG Laser-Activated Irrigation In contrast with Passive Ultrasonic Irrigation and RinsEndo((R)) In opposition to Intracanal Enterococcus faecalis. Photomedicine and Laser Surgical procedure. 2014;32(11):600-605. doi:10.1089/pho.2014.3767
3. Betancourt, Sierra, Camps-Font, Arnabat-Domínguez, Viñas. Er,Cr:YSGG Laser-Activation Enhances Antimicrobial and Antibiofilm Motion of Low Concentrations of Sodium Hypochlorite in Root Canals. Antibiotics. 2019;8(4):232. doi:10.3390/antibiotics8040232
4. Gordon W, Atabakhsh VA, Meza F, et al. The antimicrobial efficacy of the Er,Cr:YSGG laser with radial emitting tips about root canal dentin partitions contaminated with E faecalis. JADA. 2007;138(July):992-1002. doi:10.14219/jada.archive.2007.0297
5. Silva, Anna Cristina Biella et al. “Evaluation of Permeability and Morphology of Root Canal Dentin After Er,Cr:YSGG Laser Irradiation.” Photomedicine and Laser Surgical procedure 28.1 (2010): 103–108. Print.
6. Madhusudhana, Koppolu et al. “Impact of Endoactivator and Er,Cr:YSGG Laser Irradiation in Eradicating the Smear Layer after Root Canal Instrumentation: An in Vitro Research.” Journal of Dr. NTR College of Well being Sciences 5.1 (2016): 24. Net.
7. Soares, Flavio et al. “Affect of Er,Cr:YSGG Laser Remedy on the Cleanliness of the Root Canal Partitions of Major Enamel.” Journal of endodontics 34.4 (2008): 474–7. Net. 25 Jan. 2012.
8. Ishizaki, Nelson Tatsunari et al. “Thermographical and Morphological Research of Er,Cr:YSGG Laser Irradiation on Root Canal Partitions.” Photomedicine and laser surgical procedure 22.4 (2004): 291–7. Net.
9. Peeters, Harry Huiz, and Ketut Suardita. “Efficacy of Smear Layer Elimination on the Root Tip by Utilizing Ethylenediaminetetraacetic Acid and Erbium, Chromium: Yttrium, Scandium, Gallium Garnet Laser.” Journal of Endodontics 37.11 (2011): 1585–1589. Net.
10. Schoop, U et al. “The impression of an erbium, chromium:yttrium-scandium-gallium-garnet laser with radial-firing tips about endodontic remedy.” Lasers in medical science 24.1 (2009): 59–65. Net. 5 Dec. 2011.
11. Arnabat, Josep et al. “Bactericidal Exercise of Erbium, Chromium: Yttrium–scandium–gallium–garnet Laser in Root Canals.” Lasers Medical Science 25 (2010): 805–810. Net.
SOURCE BIOLASE, Inc.